I needed this challenge so much!!! You will see why when I list all of my books released in 2015! I have literally become a Netgalley junkie!
The Backl15t Blitz read-a-thon is organised by Prima @ Panda Hearts Booksand Amy @ Book Enthral it is a 10 day low pressure read-a-thon running from Thursday, January 21st to Sunday, January 31st in whatever timezone you are in. The goal is to read as many books you own, that were published in 2015, as you can in 10 days!
My one and only physical book
Life and Death/Twilight Special Anniversary Edition by Stephanie Meyer, Published October 2015
The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain; Published April 2015
- The King of Average by Gary Schwartz; Published October 2015
Spoiler Alert: You’re Gonna Die by Korttany Finn and Jacquie Purcell; Published November 2015
- UnCommon Bodies by Various Authors; Published November 2015
- In the Darkness, That’s Where I’ll Know You: the Complete Black Room Story by Luke Smitherd; Published December 2015
Broken Dolls by Tyrolin Puxty; Published December 2015 MANGA CLASSICS: The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, SunNeko Lee, Crystal S Chan, Stacy King; Published March 2015
- The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman by Robin Gregory; Published November 2015
The Dreadful Fate of Jonathan York by Kory Merritt; Published October 2015
Phew! Thankfully some of these are really short reads! This will definitely put a dent in my Netgalley TBR!
- There is really no way I can get through 10 books in 10 days. I’m a fast reader…but not that fast! I average 2-3 days with most books. With that said I want to challenge myself. I think I will make a goal of reading at least 6-7 of these books.
- I won’t waste time with daily posts, I have loads of books to read! However I will make a beginning post and an end post…possibly even a half way post to check in with everyone!
- To have FUN!!!! This is my second read-a-thon, the first didn’t really go so well for me :(. You can see the aftermath of that here. I WILL NOT stress over it, and will just have fun reading!
So there it is, come join us in this wonderful read-a-thon. Make sure to head over to either one (or both!) of the beautiful hosts to get the low down on how to enter!
Let’s get those 2015 books read!!
Day 1 (Jan 21): Well I didn’t get much reading done for this challenge. I did only about 6% of In The Darkenss, That’s Where I’ll KNow You by Luke Smithered, which so far is incredible! The book, not my progres.
Day 2 (Jan 22): Again not much reading today. I started Twin Reflections by Elizabeth Joseph and read 13 pages. Then added 5% of In The Darkness, That’s Where I’ll KNow You by Luke Smithered. Overall I read about 33 pages today 😦
Day 3 (Jan 23): Today was a much beter day for reading! I put big dents in a few books. I started Spoiler Alert: You’re Gonna Die by Kortanny Finn and Jaquie Purcell; I finished 50% which is 55/110 pages. I also started The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain; I finished 23% which is 36/159 pages. Total pages today 91!
Day 5 (Jan 24): I finished two books today! Woot! The Dreadful Fate of JOnathan York by Kory Merritt (128 Pages) and Manga Classics: The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne and SunNeko Lee (308 pages). I also Started Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by STephanie Meyer; I read 52 pages. Total Pages Read: 488; Books: 2
Day 10 (Jan 31):
Pages read: 1,210
Books Finished: 5/6 (The books I finished are crossed off among the ARCs list above)