A couple weeks ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the magical Amber over at Only True Magic. Check out her blog because it is absolutely wonderful!
So I have only had my blog since August of this year! It has been such an amazing and incredibly experience blogging with everyone, and getting to know each my followers on a more personal level as well. I feel like I have made many wonderful friends, and all of the book recommendations doesn’t hurt :). Thank you Amber for the nomination. Thank you for considering my blog worth the follow and the recommendation. You’re the best!!
The Liebster Award
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Do you prefer baths or showers? What’s your fancy bathing ritual?
I don’t have a fancy bathing ritual, honestly I don’t like being wet so I get in and get out.
Guy Fieri or Anthony Bourdain? State your reasoning.
Well I love both food and traveling…but both of these guys kind of annoy me. So if I am watching TV, neither. But is I get to guest appear on their show, Guy Fieri, because food!
What’s the one thing that you do that sends you into a state of utter relaxation?
Reading. Nothing beats reading in my bed with a cup of tea and my cat!
How do you feel about Drake?
This singer? I don’t feel anything.
What are your plans for higher education?
I already have, for the most part, my higher education creds. I have a B.S.
Degree in Environmental Science. I haven’t decided if I will go any higher. It’s not a necessity in my chosen career field, but we will see.
If you were to star in a musical, which one would it be?
I am only slightly ashamed at saying this, but probably that Beach movie that was on Disney a year ago. I really enjoyed watching it (with my niece and nephew of course 😉 ) and it was fun.
When you think about manatees, what kind of feelings do you experience?
Uncertainty at this question 🙂
What are your ultimate goals with your blog?
I don’t have any specific goals for the blog except to meet many new
people! I think I might be interested in some blog tours…maybe.
Which books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, it’s really all I can think about!
Do you think you’re too old for ya novels? Why or why not?
Absolutely not! I am a firm believer that you should read what you want! As long as you are reading there is nothing wrong with it.
Have you read any non-fiction books? Which one is your favorite?
I don’t read many non-fiction books. Out of what I have read though I will say Silent Spring by Rachel Carson. She outlines the toxic behavior and chemicals of the Pesticide Industry. She documents the detrimental effect on the environment and people’s health. I loved how she didn’t just set the blame on any one agency, but that she told the truth; that this a tragic burden that we all carry and we all have a small part to play in it.
These facts are getting harder to create. I hope I don’t repeat any for you guys!
- I am a Cassandra Clare fanatic! Shadowhunters are just under Harry Potter in my fangirl repertoire.
- If I had to choose any fantasy creature to be, I would be an Elf.
- I am long past the age to attend Hogwarts so I am just awaiting my letter to be a teacher amongst the fine Witched and Wizards.
- I don’t read much Romance or Contemporary but when I do it is often Nora Roberts.
- I love anything J.K Rowling does. I loved The Casual Vacancy, and I am loving A Cuckoos Calling.
- I don’t like wearing shoes, but I am a fan of socks.
- I am addicted to soapy scents, and the smell of clothes in the sun.
- I am a Whovian, but I haven’t watched any of the new seasons. I can’t even bring myself to watch 11’s ending (it also took my months to watch 10s).
- I tell people I will answer any questions they have when I am at works, and sometimes they will say “what is the meaning of life” and I’ll answer ’42’. I love saying that, of course I haven’t yet met anyone who understood what I was saying :(.
- I have a gift theme. Peace signs and Elephants. People always get me those things. Which I love!
- I HATE being cold! It is the worst!
Maria @ Marwhal Reads
Yasmin and Paige @ The Wild Readers
Emma @ The Booklover
Kelsey @ Don’t Sush Me
Aeneta @ InspireScript
Mishi @ My Tokyo Blues
- Do you travel? What is your favorite place to go to?
- What is your favorite animal?
- Do you write, or are you purely a reader?
- What was the book that turned you into a reader?
- Name you two top favorite series.
- Do you have a comfort food?
- WHat book (s) are you currently reading?
- Do you have any pets?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- How did you get started in blogging?
- What are your hopes for the future for your blog?
That is it, that is all my friends. Thank you for sticking around to the end of this posts.; and for those I tagged I really look forward to seeing your posts! Of course you do not have to feel obligated to accepting this award. No worries :).