I am so unbelievably thrilled about this (even though I know it took me forever to reply to it!)! I was nominated for my frist blog award!
The wonderful and beautiful duo Transhaan @ Bookidote, nominated me for this award. I can’t thank you enough! I am full of excitement and appreciation that you felt my blog was worth any sort of recommendation.
The rules for this award are:
Here are the rules to the Blogger Recognition Award :
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to . ( You can bend this rule a little bit because I know that 15 is a lot haah . But Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you)
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
My current blog was not my first blog. I got started in the blog world mostly as a way to get free ARCs. It all started with Blogging For Books, when I discovered that I could get a free book in exchange for just reviewing it! I was hooked from there!
I started my blogging career on Tumblr; it was the only blogging avenue I even knew of. I didn’t do much with it however, except to post my reviews. I did start to review every book I read though; instead of just the ones I got ARCs for. However, I continued to have no traffic to my blog and I quickly lost interest in spending any more time than necessary with it.
Then, one day I was on instagram and I was talking to a fellow book lover and she happened to have a blog on wordpress. I figured I would check it out and see what that was like. It took a few days to finally go to the site (unfortunately I don’t remember specifically who had recommended it to me), but I decided to give it a try. I created my blog, and it was so easy! I got my first follower ( Tori) and the rest has been a crazy and exhilarating 3 months! Now blogging is not just a means to an end, but a way of life! I couldn’t be more thankful to that person on instagram that started this all!
My advice to new bloggers, is that even though it can be slow don’t give up! Once you find that niche, the whole process will be rewarding! And don’t be afraid to put yourself out there! Follow those popular bloggers and comment on their posts. If there is one thing I learned within this book community, there will never be a time where we do not enjoy talking about books with fellow book lovers…no matter how busy and popular we get!
These are in no particular order, and have all been nominated by me because they keep me going as a blogger, with encouragement; and I just LOVE reading their posts!
Well it’s not quite 15, but all of these bloggers have in one way or another inspired me, encouraged me, or just plain fangirled(boyed) with me. I adore them all! I wanted them, and all of you to know how much I appreciate every one of them for including me in this wonderful world of book loving! GO FOLLOW THEM! 😀
Until next time my beautiful friends,